Friday, November 19, 2010

Meeting Melvin

I got an e-mail last week about the Colts having a friends and family night at the pro shop in Lucas Oil Stadium. The kicker was that Melvin Bullitt would be there to sign autographs for an hour. My heart leapt! Then I realized how many times I've heard of him doing an autograph session and I didn't go. So I immediately told Chris about it b/c I know that would help solidify everything.

So Wednesday night, I got home, we had a couple drinks for some liquid courage (I know, but I was really nervous), and off we went to the stadium. I have never been to an event like this before but I also read that the first 300 people got t-shirts that say "Beat New England." I was hoping that it was going to be dead. And it was. Haha, maybe 30 people showed up for this. Yeah for us! It made me much more comfortable to ask for a photo with him.

When we first walked in, we ran into Blue, the Colts mascot. I asked for my picture but of course, we both had to fluff our hair. Don't we look cute?


Chris wanted his picture taken as well although they got a little more goofy than I did!

And here is my new favorite picture in the whole world (except the ones of me and Chris, of course). He signed a mini helmet for me but accidentally smudged part of it. Oh well, now I have his finger print. :-)




No comments: