Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Poppyseed Chicken

Yesterday, I needed a quick, cheap recipe to make for dinner. I was hungry and poor. Thankfully, Dana came to the rescuse with her Poppyseed chicken recipe. Here's how it goes. You boil some chicken for about 10 minutes and let cool. Then shred it and line the bottom of a 9X13 pan.



Next mix a can of cream of chicken soup with one cup of sour cream. Pour over your chicken.


Spread it evenly over top, almost like you're icing a cake!

Mix 1/2 a cup of melted butter with one jacket of crushed buttery crackers (aka Ritz)



Then spread evenly over top and put in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.



There you have it! It was delicious. I served it with white rice which I actually liked with it a lot better than I thought I would. Anyway, I highly recommend this recipe. You are supposed to sprinkle poppyseeds over top. Dana said she didn't think you could taste them and it was really just to make it look pretty. So I didn't buy them to save even more money. Shout out to Dana!!




No comments: