Friday, November 5, 2010

Goose the Market

What what?? 3rd blog today? Sorry, I've been super busy and just so excited to share everything that I'm doing! Today Chris and I decided to go to Goose the Market on 25th and Delaware for lunch. I've been DYING to try this place out for at least 2 years. They have an amazing selection of meats, seafood, cheese, and wines. Not only can you go in there and grab your dinner for that even to toss on the grill, but they make fancy sandwiches! Now I'm usually a ham, lettuce, cheese, mayo kind of a girl. I follow Goose on Twitter and am familiar with some of their crazy sandwiches so I was prepared. Here's what I ordered:

It's called Ike and its smoked ham, fontina, watercress, and whole grain mustard on a baguette. It was DELICIOUS! I almost asked them to leave off the mustard, but I decided I needed to be more open minded and try new things. They also had a small selection of vegetables in there along with a little section of special vingerettes, syrups, jellies, etc. They even had quail eggs there! I can't wait to go back one day and go down in their cellar of beers and wine to check that out!

No comments: