Monday, October 25, 2010

Skins/Bears game

Wow! What a fun weekend! About 6 months ago, Heather told me that she, Stacy, and Kristen would be driving through Indy to go to the Skins/Bears game in Chicago. I checked the Colts schedule and we were on a bye. So I invited myself along.

Everyone drove up on Friday to Indy where we went to dinner at the Claddaugh. If you haven't been, I strongly recommend it and get the Monte Cristo. It's delish! Then we went back to my house for drinks and to catch a couple hours of sleep. We got up early Saturday morning and headed Chi-town. It was a nice drive. I'm sure we annoyed the hell out of anyone that is friends with all four of us on Facebook. I believe we were updating about every 30 seconds.

We got to Chicago around noon and headed straight to Niketown. The girls like to go there to stock up on Bears gear. I found a Blackhawks snow hat for Chris. :-) Here are the girls comparing their hands to Michael Jordan.




After that, we headed to Gino's East to try our first authentic Chicago style pizza. It was very good, but I'm sorry Chicago, you don't hold a light to my NY style pizza. And it takes too long to cook!

Next up was a stop at the hotel to get checked in and get our tickets for the game on Sunday. Here was the view from the girls' suite. If you look closely, just to the left of the tall buildings, is Soldier Field. :-)


Saturday night, we headed to Wrigleyville to meet up with people's various friends and/or family members at this bar called Trader Todd's. Which of course, we call Trader Joes about a million times. It was a very fun bar. Not too packed, but had enough people to make it fun. Heather tried to convince me that Reggie Bush was at the bar, but when I saw him, I told him that he was too short and his bling bling wasn't big enough. Whoops! Oh and the bouncer thought I was hot. Made me feel good, but not a chance, my friend!
For being as drunk as we were, we got home pretty early. We only made one more stop after Wrigleyville at the bar across from the hotel called Kitty O'Sheas. I think Stacy just wanted to see if she was still kicked out of that place permanently. I don't want to know.
Sunday morning, we were all up at 7:30am ready to go downstairs and grab some breakfast. We did that, came upstairs, showered, and started drinking by 9am. Good decisions made by good people. We got a nice buzz going on and headed out for the game.


Here's the view from our seats! They were pretty good even though I hate sitting in the endzone. They were in the second row and we had some awesome bears fans behind us with the cutest little boy.

Here are the actually fans of the two teams there.



And one of me and Tim, the poor guy who came on our girls trip. I think he will be spending a lot of time alone after a weekend with us!



I didn't really know who to cheer for since I don't care for either team. So I cheered for every interception (a lot), taught the Redskin fans that their punters nickname is Hunter the Punter, and I showed the Bears fans that real football fans stand up when their defense is on the field and its third down. We also threw several dance parties in our section, drank a ton of beer, made friends with everyone, and even kept a friendship going despite someone's team losing. Check out the last pic. :-) Friends forever! And I get to check another item off my list of 101 things.


No comments: