Monday, August 23, 2010

Indy Fringe

Yesterday, I went downtown to meet up with a couple of my girlfriends to go to Indy Fringe. I have actually been dying to check this out since last year when Renee mentioned it. I never know how to describe it so here's what the website says:

The Indianapolis Theatre Fringe Festival is a riotous celebration of theatre “old and new,” edgy and not-so, that happens over ten days, August 20-29, 2010, in the Mass Ave Cultural District downtown.

Misty gave me a choice between three theatre acts. One started pretty late in the day so I crossed that one off. The second one was about Jesus as a young boy growing up. Um, no. The third one was called The Four Food Groups. Again, here is the description:

Based on true stories told through original movement, music and spoken word, "The Four Food Groups" investigates interactions between a group of four people over a sexually-charged dinner. Awarded "Most Fringey Show" in 2009 Cincy Fringe Festival.

So I thought, okay this could be good. It was.....very....interesting, to say the least. There were four characters who basically play themselves. They act out different parts of relationships at the dinner table. A lot of food was used to demonstrate these feelings. I think at the point that they were eating chicken and spitting it on the floor, I was done. We decided next year that we would be more careful about what we choose! Haha, and as Renee said last night, this will be an experience that we will laugh about when we're old and talking about our Fringe experiences.

The best party was going to The Flying Cupcake afterwards. YUM! This was also on my list of places and things I wanted to do. I've heard so much about their cupcakes. I follow them on Twitter and every morning they post what flavors they have baked that morning. So I surprised Chris by bring home three cupcakes. Peanut Butter Ganache, Mint Chocolate, and Candyland. I highly recommend checking this place out.

No comments: