Monday, August 23, 2010

Bookclub Chapters 11-20

1. Where do you think Tim and Marty are at this point in the story?
I'm not going to answer this question since I have already read the book and its hard for me to picture where I thought they were 2 months ago when I read this. Haha!
2. What were your thoughts as CeeCee was helping Genevieve deliver her baby?
I felt Ceecee's emotions during this. She was scared, yet trying to be brave for everyone. She was trying to be brave for Tim and Marty in case Genevieve was putting on an act. And she was trying to be brave so that Genevieve didn't see her fears. Then there was a turning point where CeeCee was trying to be brave by helping to deliver the baby.
3. After Genevieve died, what would you have done with her baby if you had been in CeeCee's shoes?
I would like to think I would have turned myself in at that point. Or I would have found another way to leave the baby. I think that CeeCee barely tried once to drop the baby off somewhere and then took off. I really feel that even in her young age, she could have made more of an effort to get that baby into the right hands. It's not like we're talking about a pair jeans here. We're talking about affecting multiple people's lives.
4. Why do you think CeeCee/Eve is still holding onto hope that Tim will come for her?
How could she not? He promised her. She is so young and never been in a serious relationship before. I think back to when I first started dating and some of the things guys told me. And I believed them. Of course, nothing as extreme as this, but still. Maybe to others, I seemed young and naive in my actions or hopes. CeeCee doesn't have anything to compare this too. "Oh, well men usually lie, so Tim's not going to come back."
5. How do you think Eve will establish her new identity in Virginia?
Again, I feel that I can't really answer this since I have already read the book. I do remember being curious as to how she would accomplish this. Obviously, SCAPE will have a hand in it.
6. What do you think of CeeCee/Eve now after she has gone through with the kidnapping, the delivery of the baby, the escape, and the relocation?
I feel sorry for her. She has a tough road ahead. She did the best that she thought she could and now she is stuck. Whether she likes it or not. She must keep moving forward. I don't think when she made the decision to help Tim and Marty, that this scenario even crossed her mind.

No comments: