Monday, April 4, 2011

Hiking in Brown County

As most of you know I have been trying to go walk more and lose some weight. So when my cousins, Matthew and Joanna invited me to go hiking in Brown County yesterday, there was maybe a .3 second pause before I accepted immediately. I've been living in Indy for 4 1/2 years and have yet to check out Brown County which is a huge 15,000 acre state park. Hank and I drove to their house and then we packed three adults, two dogs, and a picnic basket in a little Honda Civic. We did three trails equaling about 5 miles. The first trail we did was around Ogle Lake. Even though its not green out yet, it was still very pretty. There were a lot of trees (duh) and they were so tall and the sky just looked so blue. I had to take this picture. I can only imagine what its like when the leaves have grown in or during the fall.
Juniper is a very experienced hiker and she led the way most of the time.



And good ole Hank tried to lead the whole time. He was pulling so hard the entire time that my cousin, Matthew offered to walk Hank for part of the time. My arms are thanking him today. If anyone has any suggestions on how to break this habit, I'm open ears. We use the Gentle Leader right now but he keeps stopping and trying to paw it off his face. However, he does look super cute in this picture.


It was a gorgeous day. It got up to 80 but it was breezy so we stayed cool. I'm so happy to have gotten outside to enjoy the weather and hike in a new park. Hank passed out the minute we got home and is still sleeping this very moment!

No comments: