Thursday, June 10, 2010

My Pal, Walter

So this morning, I get up as usual to get ready for work and I take Hank out on my usual walk. Hank is a very private potty guy. Our building is sort of nestled in this woods area and he likes to go into the woods to the bathroom. I have no problem with this b/c it means I don't have to pick up his crap. However, there are a lot of distractions in the woods; birds, squirrels, raccoons, bums, beers botttles, trash, bugs, etc.

This morning, Hank peed and then I could hear this purring kind of sound. Whatever it was kept purring and then squeaking. At first I thought it was a squirrel. You would be surprised to learn how much they will tease a dog once they are safely up in a tree. But it didn't really sound like a squirrel. So I looked around and that is when I spotted my new friend.

Its a baby raccoon, if you can't see! I tried to get as close as I could, but raccoons are vicious animals so I didn't want to risk it especially with Hank right there. I know that in the tree right outside our patio, there is a family of raccoons. Four babies and the momma. Chris and I like to sit out on the patio a lot at night and just enough the weather. We've witnessed this family coming out for the evening. Its pretty cute watching the babies. But I did see them earlier this week out in front of our complex so I thought maybe they had moved. I hope the baby wasn't lost from his momma. That would make me pretty sad even though he will just grow up to be a pain in my butt.

PS Go Blackhawks!

No comments: