Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day Weekend

About a week ago, my dad found out that the family was throwing a 90th birthday party for my great-aunt Mary Grace. Mary Grace did a lot for my grandma when we weren't living out here in Indy and my dad felt it was only right that he come out here for the occasion. I was happy to go because I'm pretty sure that the majority of my dad's side of the family has no clue that I've been living in Indy for 4 years. (Can you believe it will be 4 years in August?) Anyway, so I went in hopes of meeting cousins and honoring my wonderful Aunt Mary Grace.

Well, in true Schroeder/Lauck tradition, there was booze there. My dad and I brought our own bottles of booze and began making drinks. So probably for the first hour, I tagged along with my dad and introduced myself to some members of the family. After that, I had liquid courage and I was all around the room giving out numbers and e-mail addresses. I found out that I have a bunch of cousins around my age living in Chicago, Detriot, St Louis, Cincinnati. All places that I want to go visit and sight see at. I found out that I have a cousin who is looking for an apartment right near me so I gave her mom Chris' business card. I guess that's what happen when your grandma has 8 brothers and sisters. You have too many family members to count. It was a good feeling. And I was pretty smashed by the end. Yay family!

On Sunday, I went to brunch with my dad and his cousin, Tom at Rick's Boatyard. If you haven't been, I highly recommend it. We sat out on the patio overlooking the lake and Eagle Creek Park. It was gorgeous. Our food was delicious and I was happy to be able to treat my dad to a nice meal. That night, Chris made pork tenderloin and his yummy potatoes. So I really think I gave my dad a pretty awesome Father's Day weekend. And I was able to check a few things off my list. :-)

No comments: