Wednesday, July 15, 2009

I'm normal

So we are halfway through July and it has been a crazy month. We stayed in Indy for the fourth of July this year. No fireworks due to the downpour of rain. It kind of sucked, but oh well. The worst part was I started getting a terrible migraine and just couldn't shake it. I tried everything except for my migraine pills which are VERY expensive so I didn't have any. Well, on the following Tuesday, I was driving to work just like I do every day when I thought my heart was going to pound right out of my chest. Of course the more I tried to focus on it too see what my heart was doing, the more I thought something was wrong and the more freaked out I go. Then I felt so hot and started sweating really bad. So I rolled down my window. Keep in mind that I'm going 60 mph down the highway. Then I knew I was going to throw up. Call me vain or stubborn, I don't care, but I did not want to pull over on the highway and have everyone see me throwing up on their way to work. So I held it in until I exited and was able to pull over on a sidestreet.

After all that, I felt fine for the rest of the day. That night my chest still felt really tight and sore. All week things just didn't seem right. I don't know if it was in my mind or if something was really wrong. But it just kept getting worse. I couldn't sleep at night and it was just affecting me pretty badly. So I finally went to the doctor on Monday this week. (I hate the doctor and try to avoid going at all costs!) They did an EKG and took some blood from me. Everything came back normal. Then the doctor and I sat down and talked about my life. Although they can't pinpoint the cause of my heart palpitations (fancy word!) she thinks that it is probably due to the amount of stimulants I am taking. When I drink, I drink red bull/vodka. I smoke everyday and when I can't afford my migraine medicine, I take tons of Excedrin Migraine which is pretty much pure caffeine.

So we've decided to change some things up and see if that works before hooking me up to a heart monitor for a couple weeks. No more red bull period. At all. Sad day for me. I don't even drink it b/c I want the caffeine. I really just like the taste of it with vodka! I can't take Excedrin Migraine anymore. I need to make sure I have my migraine medicine. And.....I have to quit smoking. Boo. Chris and I actually talked about this last weekend when going over our budget. So we have picked a date, which of course, I'm not telling anyone. We're going to quit. I'm kind of sad. I really really really love smoking. I know it's bad for you and a waste of money, but you know what? It's been my best friend for years. Always there for me when I'm happy, sad, angry, stressed, excited, and of course, drunk. What do non-smokers do when they are stressed? So yeah, we're taking the plunge. More later on that.

Chris' parents are coming in town tomorrow morning and I'm so stoked. They haven't been here in 5 years so you can imagine how excited Chris is. I took off work on Friday and we're going to stay in and play games, drink beers, and eat good food the whole weekend. It should be a lot of fun. I'll let you know how it goes!

No comments: